Cavern Cove is located in Woodville Alabama, it is a quiet little place about 15 miles east of Huntsville Alabama. The facility is located on the same road as the world famous Alabama State Park: Cathedral Caverns.
We shoot the 1st Saturday (with some exceptions) of the month with registration starting at 8:30am. We send lead flying around 9:00 am. Come out and shoot or just watch to see how fast and exciting our matches can be.
RIMFIRE shooting is one of the fastest growing gun sports in the USA. The guns are readily available (everyone has one!), the recoil is slight, and ammunition is inexpensive when compared to center fire shooting. A fun day with lots of shooting will only cost you about $20.
What Do we offer,
- A safe environment in which to use firearms in a competitive manner.
- Regular Monthly Shoots, and additional competitions throughout the year.
- No Annual Membership Fee ( You will have so much fun, you will come back on your own!).
- The best facilities - Covered Shooting Area, Flush Rest Rooms and Camping (Full Hook ups).
- Monthly Shoots include lunch!
- All Steel Targets, stationary and knock down.
- 2 Gun Competitions, Mutiple Classes, Action Shooting
The Club is located on the same property as the NORTH ALABAMA REGULATORS, which is a registered SASS organization.
The Club was started by Gary Franks in 2010, after holding a RIMFIRE side match during the big SASS event of AMBUSH: At Cavern Cove. The side match was a big hit, with many contestants registering and competing in the match.
Cavern Cove Rimfire was born.
Initially the Club was focused on Cowboy Rimfire, but as word spread, everyone dragged their .22 guns out of the closet, multiple divisions now take place. During an event you can see a 80yr old single action gun, or a state of the art, high performance assualt rifle. From Iron Sightes to ACOGS, you can see it all competing on a regular monthly basis.
If you want to be a Cowboy, check out the North Alabama Regulators.